Gender Wars & Myths


I understand the Black-shirts "moral" (not that I think it warrants being called moral in my books) stance on the preservation of the family. But even though I understand it, I do not agree with it, hence my reason for stating that I abhor their philosophy.




I also understand the stereotypes of the 'bad husband' and the perpetuation of that myth, when it may be a 'bad wife' but in all reality is usually just a bad marriage. I will add that I am not in anyway saying that there are not spouses that abuse their partners - but women can be just as abusive in a relationship. Emotional abuse is not so easily spotted as a broken bone or bruises, but is just as evil.



Myths: If a man leaves his family he was probably a bad father, couldn't produce kids, wouldn't support the family (after all - that's a man's purpose in life!), had an affair or bashed his wife. If a woman leaves her family, she must have had a horrendous experience (especially to leave her kids behind), was bashed by the husband, found true love elsewhere or realised the terrible mistake she made by marrying 'that man'. Quite frankly there is more empathy given to women in a separation/divorce than is given to the men.



The Family Court process has a history of being more beneficial to the female partner, although this is changing significantly as more men decide to challenge for access, custody or property distribution.



So ... the scales are weighted differently depending upon the nature of the issue, whether you are male or female, and which perspective you take at the time.







[+/-] show/hide this post

No comments:

Post a Comment