Gun-toting Yanks hit back!

My last post has caused a bit of a stir in the "land of the brave". It seems you can't criticise the USers* love for murderous tools without being vilified.

The main point against me is that I accused Wayne Chiang of being no better than Virginia Tech shooter, Cho Seung-Hui. I stand firm on my statement, but rather than defend it allow me to add some context.

Wayne Chiang was quoted as saying
"I am a firm believer that if Virginia Tech students were allowed to conceal carry, this situation could have ended sooner."

Let's put that statement into the context of Bush's invasion of Iraq ...
"I am a firm believer that if Iraqi civilians were allowed to conceal carry, this situation could have ended sooner."

Now watch the comments light up as I get a barrage of abuse from pro-war USers* who insist that terrorising the middle east for the sake of black gold is a good thing. LOL!

The truth is that any lackadaisical attitude about guns is more likely to lead to widespread carnage and murderous mayhem than it is to swiftly and simply neutralise a situation like Virginia Tech, Port Arthur, Waco, etc

The promotion of a "right to bear arms" is ludicrous and there is no possible way that governments can ensure responsible gun ownership except through extremely tough gun control laws. Volacious says it best in his comment on my previous post:
"Gun control in America these days is a fairly academic argument... every idiot already has one"



NOTE * :I tried to find where I had first described the civilians of the USA as USers, rather than their incorrect, self-appointed nickname of "Americans" (which technically applies to any resident of the two American continents). Unfortunately I couldn't find it, hence my explanation for its use. Besides I like the double meaning involved in the term "USer" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment