Firefox & Thunderbird are Go!


*Warning* Blatant plug for software!


By chance I came across some new software. Always keen to see what is on offer (especially if it isn't a MS product and doubly good if it is free!) I downloaded the new Firefox browser from Mozilla.




Brilliant! Is the very least I can describe this application. It has a beautiful minimalist look but packed with the right features like tabbed browsing and customisable security that even a novice can handle.



Most notable is the ever-growing list of extensions that you can download and add in for free! If you don't want skins, don't have 'em. Don't want icons on your menus and popups - leave em alone. Want a comprehensive menu at the click of a mouse button ... its yours for the download (its a must!).



There's a list of more than 2000 themes and extensions to download so that your browser can truly be customised to your needs. RSS feeds in a flick; a beaut download manager without Gator spyware; Click on an ad or image and make it dissappear off the page forever; an image zoom feature that shits all over IE's attempt; and soooo much more.



PLUS! there's Thunderbird - the email client that complements Firefox perfectly. This is Outlook Express with wings! No security issues and packed with features you'll learn to miss.



Goodbye IE and Netscape. Forgotten is my short affair with Opera. Firefox is sexy, smart and it does what I want it to do. Goodbye big klunky Outlook - I never needed half your database and network features anyway!



Today my PC runs smoother, feels better and has lost weight after discarding the resource heavy MS products. It is good health for my PC and more efficient use of my sanity.






[+/-] show/hide this post

No comments:

Post a Comment