Maintenance

No, this isn't a story about child support or alimony!



Regular readers of this little blog may have noticed that we've had a fresh splash of paint and some remodeling. I prefer the new template and hope you do as well. It is all for the better and to make your viewing a bit more pleasurable. So sit back, relax, have a cuppa and let me tell you a bit about it.



Firstly you will notice a new option (show/hide) at the end of each posting ... go on ... click on it!




See ... that wasn't too hard eh? The reason for this change is that I felt that some of my posts were getting lost on the front page and in the monthly archives because of the general length.



This new functionality compacts the page a bit more, allows you to get a gist of the posting and decide whether you want to read further. All without navigating away from the page. See .. it pays to read the Help files in Blogger :-) [P.S. you can do the same thing with the comments!]



The second change is that I have replaced the horrendously long Archives list with a simple drop down menu. Another space saver! Check it out under the Previous Posts in the sidebar.



Thirdly, I've got all the sidebar sections listed under Features so that you can click instead of scrolling for ages. I hope that helps!



Finally I've removed the Iraq Body Counter from the top temporarily as it was too cumbersome. I will test a few other options and hopefully replace it with something more compact and aesthetic.



So, what do you think? Let me know if you like the improvements and please offer your ideas on improving it even further. Thanks for reading!






[+/-] show/hide this post


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment has been moved to the posting to which it refers, here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Hensley, my hero (who is that masked man?)!

    As one of the few regular visitors to this part of the blogosphere your assistance and patronage are both commendable!

    The next time I make some changes I should call on you to test the system!! I appreciate the heads up :-)

    All fixed now, bloggers ...

    ReplyDelete