The harsh truth about abortion


Whatever I could possibly write about the growing abortion debate would not do it justice even if I dedicated an entire month of posts to the subject.



Although I am strongly pro-choice, it is a topic that I feel is best left for women to debate. On this issue, men mostly just get in the way. Even as a father I could not contemplate enforcing my rights over those of the mother and I will not enter the debate as to the rights (if any) of the unborn.




In some instances, abortion included, the heaviest burden and responsibility lies with the individual, not society. I do not believe that any woman would proceed with an abortion light-heartedly and without vast consideration of the alternatives. Whatever their decision the consequences will be with them forever.



I support a woman's choice entirely and unequivocally and I will not waver. In my mind it is a closed debate. I'd even go so far as banning men from voting on the issue in parliament if I could.



Having said that, I admire the many women that are affected by the political football that is abortion. One such woman is Zoe, and her story is found here. I believe she presents one of the best opinions I've read in relation to the issue. Thanks to Psephite for the link.


To those women who have had, or will need, to face such a decision my unconditional support is given to you.




[+/-] show/hide this post

No comments:

Post a Comment